Overall the Premier Inn Olympia is a pleasant hotel, although basic and not brand new. Location is good, Earl’s Court tube is at a walking distance (around 700m) so that you can comfortably reach every part of London.
The first night we were given a room in the basement (avoid those rooms if you can) and the impact was bad: small, smelly and with a “beautiful” wall outside the window. Moreover, the windows can’t be opened, so no air circulation (just A/C fan) in the rooms.
The next morning we were moved to the first floor, which looked better, even if the room always had a stale smell because of the carpets and the closed window. Apart from the air quality issue, the room was clean, comfortable and with tea and coffee making facilities.
The worst part of my review goes to the staff: if you are a frequent traveller you’d probably find most of them lacking… There were a couple of blonde stand-offish girls at the reception who showed no consideration at all. They should be trained to smile at customers instead of making them feel unwelcome.
Different experience at the restaurant, the meal deal (that you can add to your booking directly at the hotel) is really a deal! 22 pounds for breakfast and dinner and the quality is more than acceptable, better than many restaurants in London. The atmosphere is ok and the staff in this case is very kind, especially Daniela, she made our dinners even more enjoyable.
All in all, I would not personally choose this hotel again because if you are a couple and you know how to look for deals, you can definitely find something better at that price (160 € per night for a double, meal deal excluded). On the other hand, I’d suggest it for families: I have seen rooms with extra beds and they are bigger and relatively cheaper if you travel with children.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel London
- Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
- Premier Inn London
- Comfort Inn Kensington
- London Premier Inn
- Comfort Inn London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening February 2009: formerly the Comfort Inn Kensington,it has had a complete refurbishment in January 2009. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn London Kensington - Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.