We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived early and were able to check into our room straight away. They all made us feel very welcome. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The lobby and bar are decorated nicely and are very pleasant. The free Wi-Fi is a good service to have. The hotel has modern facilities, but is decorated with an old fashioned charm.
The room was very nice and included all the things that I want in a hotel room - an iron/ironing board, refrigerator, air conditioning, bathrobes, Wi-Fi, blackout drapes, TV and safe. The bed was very large and comfortable, with good quality bedding. The bathroom was very small, but manageable.
The hotel is in an excellent location. There is a good variety of shops and cafes nearby, and it is very close to Gloucester Road tube stop which means the tube can be taken direct to many of the main tourist attractions.
I only experienced two problems during my stay. The first, and most annoying, was that it took a very long time for the water in the shower to heat up. When it did finally heat up, it became extremely hot. It was difficult to adjust to a comfortable warm temperature. It was very much a case of 'all or nothing' with the hot water.
The second problem was that at about 6:30 in the morning, one of the employees would move a large amount of empty glass bottles down the hallway, using cart with a dodgy wheel. This would wake us up, but we were able to fall back to sleep.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London. My advice would be to book early to get reduced rates, and do not purchase the breakfast as it is really expensive and there are many places locally to eat great food at lower prices.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel London
- Radisson Hotel Edwardian Vanderbilt
- Radisson Hotel London
- Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt
- Radisson London
- London Radisson
- Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing Georgian mansion in fashionable South Kensington, the four star Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt stays faithful to its past but espouses modern comfort in a classic London cityscape of porticos and leafy squares. Moments from London’s world-class museums, step into the frescoed lobby and take in a characterful ambience of open fireplaces, deep sofas for laid-back lounging and quietly stylish rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.