First impressions of the hotel are the very friendly and helpful reception staff, the room had excellent views of Canary Wharf over the Thames, but it was a little over priced due to the Olympics, the health spa was in a separate outside building which could be inconvenient to some guests and the shower in the bathroom was rubbish, we expected a lot better for our money, the bathroom wasnt that clean either, the room had no mini bar available just a bottle of over priced mineral water on the table which would have been too warm to drink.
The restaraunt and bar staff were very friendly and most helpful and on a rare nice evening we were able to enjoy a very nice meal and drinks outside on the River View Terrace. Lots of choice for breakfast, except the toaster didnt work very well, and the staff were in too much of a rush to remove your plates and were hovering around the tables waiting for guests to finish. Free newspapers and magazines were a bonus and it was an enjoyable and comfortable stay which would have been made more comfortable had the shower worked properly !!
The sound of the boats sailing past on the river made it very relaxing and its a very quiet location. You also get a free pass for the Hilton Docklands Ferry boat to take you across to Canary Wharf where you can transfer to one of the clipper services and a trip up the Thames is highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- London Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the LivingWell health Club and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.