Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Lee Valley Campsite at the weekend for one night in one of the two person cocoons.
Firstly I have to say the staff were excellent. Prior to our visit I called to state my reservations about the weather and they reassured me about how warm the cocoons are with the little heater on. Plus, they even ensured the heater was on before we arrived.
Upon arrival I asked if we could have a second heater and they duly delivered. The cocoon itself had 3 power points, two camp beds and a little table. Perfect for a short stay (£25-£35 per night). Beds were comfy enough (you need to take your own bedding) and it was so warm in there (minus 6 degrees outside!) I ended up turning the little oil heaters off in the night!
Toilets and showers were clean and adequate - small gripe in that the shower cubicle could be slightly larger and with only 4 showers, I'm sure it could get a bit busy in peak times. But all in all, these were better than some campsite facilities I have experienced in the past.
Perfect location - Odeon cinema on the doorstep - bus stop from outside the cinema into Enfield and beyond. Train station within 5 minutes walk with links into central London.
- Also Known As:
- Lee Valley Leisure Centre Camping And Caravan Park
- Lee Valley Leisure Centre Camping & Caravan Park Hotel London
- Lee Valley Leisure Centre Camping & Caravan Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful site that puts you in equally easy reach of both central London and the many attractions of Lee Valley Regional Park… Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye - from Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park you can be taking in all the iconic sights of London in less than an hour.Or you can be deep into the 1,000 acre River Lee Country Park or Epping Forest in a matter of minutes. There are also horse riding and ice centre nearby. The overall complex includes an 18-hole golf course, Odeon cinema and an athletics centre – in other words, you won’t be stuck for things to do!You’ll also find the site has excellent facilities, such as heated toilet blocks, free showers, a shop where you can buy travel cards and a fun adventure playground. ... more less