On arrival the reception staff were excellent. Unfortunately as soon as we got out of the lift to things went from disappointing to laughable. We actually did end up in fits of laughter over the the series of events we encountered in this place.
1. We first noticed how poorly lit, the whole place seems to be, particularly the bedrooms, trying to apply makeup was difficult.
2. The poor lighting might be in an effort to cover up the very stained carpets throughout the hotel.
3. There was a distinct smell of poo in the hallways.
4. We tried to make a cup of tea but struggled as the kettle just didnt fit under the taps without a fight!
5. The toilet smelt of urine and we had to ask house-keeping to clean it
6. Working out the lighting system was quite entertaining and none sensical - gave up in the end - they all appeared to be 5 watt bulbs anyway - so didnt make much difference.
7. We tried to put up the funky magnetic 'do not disturb' sign on the room door, but it wouldn't magnetise. We found out later that it is supposed to go on the doorframe (silly us!).
8. At breakfast, asking for a group table threw them into complete panic - all the tables were set for 2 or 4 people only.
9. I asked for toast which never arrived (they were probably still reeling from the table request).
10. The drinks prices, even for London were outrageous. £14 for a G&T in the room and £12 for a cocktail at the bar.
Oh dear - at £250 a room - wont be going back!
- Also Known As:
- Trafalgar Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- The Trafalgar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trafalgar is located on the world-famous Trafalgar Square, many of London's star attractions within walking distance, such as the London Eye, Big Ben and Theatreland. Modern and boutique, the hotel facilities include Rockwell Bar & Restaurantr enowned for serving innovative cocktails with international cuisine and Vista, the rooftop bar that offers breathtaking views of London. There are 129 rooms, many with superb views of the square, all featuring DVD Players, high-speed internet and aromatherapy toiletries. Guests also enjoy complimentary use of the state- of- the-art gym and free access to Vista rooftop bar, weather permitting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Trafalgar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.