I stayed here with my sister for 5 days on the final leg of our Europe trip and we really enjoyed our stay.
The hostel is in a superb location - just 1 block from Oxford Street (shopping, shopping, shopping) and a 5 minute walk to Oxford Circus station. Going south we were then only a 5 minute walk to Piccadilly Circus and the soho theatre district.
Its my understanding that the hotel underwent some renovations a few months before we arrived, so we were lucky to stay in a hostel that was pretty much brand new.
As previous reviewers have mentioned, the rooms arent huge (we stayed in a 4 bed dorm) but the space has been used well. 2 cupboards for luggage and pullout boxes underneath the bottom bunk bed (don't forget to bring your own locks). Each bed in the room had its own shelf attached to the wall which had a lamp and powerpoint (very convenient for charging your phone overnight). Also, a sink and mirror was in the room, so you didnt have to go down to the bathroom to brush your teeth in the evening - I thought this was a great idea.
The kitchen area was always clean and the lounge area was quite a reasonable size with plenty of beanbags and seating (although we didnt spend a lot of time in there).
The staff were friendly, but I think the wi-fi internet was quite overpriced (dont remember the exact price), so we actually just used the free wi-fi inside the McDonalds up the road.
We had a little trouble using the phone and phone card we had to buy through the staff and in the end we just went downstairs and used the payphone outside on the street just outside the hostel.
I would definitely stay here again simply because of the location and I also preferred that it was a smaller hostel.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Street Youth Hotel London
- Oxford Street Youth Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay in the heart of bohemian London. YHA Oxford Street is a modern backpackers hostel offering comfortable yet cheap accommodation in London’s West End and offers an eclectic mix of cafes, pubs, cinemas, quirky boutiques and a great alternative nightlife, all within a 5 minute walking distance of the hostel.This is a busy city centre hostel offering a range of 3 and 4 bed dorms, twin bunk or double bed private rooms, all with shared facilities. Breakfast is available daily as well as a fully equipped self catering kitchen. Our cafe/bar offers a range of hot and cold beverages to refresh you after a long day of sightseeing or prepare you for a night out. Families with young children might prefer YHA London Central, YHA St Pancras or YHA St Paul's for a quieter London break. This hostel is not suitable for groups of more than 8 people- see YHA Thameside or YHA Holland Park. We apologise, but due to the building architecture we have no wheelchair accessible facilities at YHA Oxford Street, the lift only goes as far as our 3rd floor reception. Access to rooms on level 4 and 5 is by stairs. Our nearest hostels with full access is YHA London Central or YHA St Pancras. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your YHA Oxford Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.