Returned home this morning after spending one night here. Prior to arrival I had called ahead to request a twin room as our booking confirmation said either a twin or double room. They couldnt provide this when we checked in and so was given a double room. Check in was quick and easy in modern surroundings. We werent offered breakfast but i had already found out that it was over £12 a head for this so we happily went without!
Our room was spotless just a shame it had a view of roof tops and not the lock. Kettle and tea / coffee making facilities were provided along with an iron and flat screen tv. Bed was way too soft so didnt make for the best nights sleep.
Upon check in we paid the highly overpriced rate of £12 on top of the room rate for the nights parking and was told we could come and go as we liked in and out of the car park. So after dropping our bags off in our room we went straight out to get something to eat. We arrived back about 2 hours later to find out the car park had now been shut off as it was full as there was a wedding on and all the guests of said wedding had taken up the majority of spaces. So, they had taken our £12 parking fee and now we couldnt park. There was 2 men stood at the entrance of the car park saying that there was no space and that we should instead park on the double yellow lines and come back and move it back in to the car park when a space became available after the function had finished! I dont think so! Now, we were sat at the entrance to the car for about half an hour arguing our point with these 2 men. The most insulting part is this. The guy actually said to us ''Why do you need to park now can you come back in a couple of hours'' Who are they to dictate to us when we will come and go the the hotel. I said to this man that we need to drop the car off and go straight out as we were going to a concert at Twickenham Stadium. His response - ''Ive heard the show is starting late tonight can you come back later''. This is not the way to treat paying customers. Only after we kicked up quite a fuss ande refused to park on double yellows as advised, they managed to get us in the car park but not in a space, instead at the end of a bay where we felt our car was at more of a risk of getting shunted. Anyway, we did have to park here and of course complained to reception. Basically, they couldnt have cared less, the girl on reception seemed to just smirk the whole time as if the inconvenience was in some way amusing to her. I suggested they at least have the decency to refund our parking fee, they said no as we were still in the car park, she was like a robot. So we paid to be dictated to as and when we should arrive / leave the hotel and advised to just 'head out later' and to not even have a parking space.
So theres my issue with the hotel, this ruined our experience here and made us about about an hour later than planned for our evening out.
Cheers Holiday Inn
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock Hotel
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a scenic waterfront setting, Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock is just six miles away from the centre of London and 15 minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. The bright, contemporary bedrooms have air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi/high-speed internet connections. Some of the rooms including Executive grade ones offer terraced-balconies with impressive views across the waterside. A mini-gym facility is also available on a complimentary basis. The hotel is ideally situated to connect with local area businesses on the Great West Road, or around Chiswick and Heathrow. Alternatively it is an ideal base to visit and explore local attractions such as Kew Gardens, Syon Park, Twickenham Stadium and Richmond Park. The hotel has recently transformed it's public-areas to reveal a unique and exciting new Open-Lobby concept which allows guests to meet, relax and refresh and choose to do so in the space that best suits their needs. New 24/7 vending and restaurant facilities allow guests a flexible and appealing choice in a modern and inspiring new environment. The venue offers 4 excellent inter-connecting conference suites that overlook the waterside, and are perfect for both business events and social occasions such as weddingsThe hotel provides excellent connections to the M4/M25/A4 network and is a 15-minute walk from Brentford and Syon Park Railway Stations, offering train connections to central London. Boston Manor Underground Station is accessible from the hotel, and secure on-site parking is also available in the hotel’s own facility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.