I wish I or my friend who booked the hotel have read the review by " WearyTravellerAgain", then we could have avoided the awful experience we have encountered.
The review by "WearyTravellerAgain" has perfectly described the appearance of the Marne as we entered, non-functional flush in the toilet, one side of the taps is missing, filthy shower area that we even didn't want to stand our bared feet on.
But all these are nothing compared with the extrodonary sences we later saw in the midnight. I was waken up feeling extremely itchy over my neck, face and even my hands. The moment when I switched on the light, it was an instant shock seeing more than 20 bed bugs running insides my bed!!! Some of them look extremely red as they have been well-fed by me.
Similar situation in my friend's bed and we quickly packed our stuff and just wish we could run away from all the bugs. We went down to the reception and tried to ring the bell, it was 4am in the morning and no one answered. We tried to call the owner's mobile, again no success. However, we can clearly hear the woman working in the hotel talking with a man in their room (next to the reception), but they didn't come out despite we range the bell for half an hour. We drop the key in the keybox and left a message explaining the reason and requested a refund. The next day we tried several times to call the owner, but no feedback so far.
Our weekend plan in London was ruined as we travelled back instantly that moring and had to wash all our clothes and cleaned all the belongings carefully ( as the bed bugs could transfer and spread anywhere).
In the following few days, I had a cold and sore throat. Didn't relate it with the incident with the hotel but a week later since my stay in Marne, I had an outbreak of allergy. Lots of bite-like red spots appeared on my cheek, all over my neck and shoulder. I have got confirmed from my GP that it was very likely due to the bugs.
I am very upset about my misfortune getting into this hotel, it was the most awful experience. I've stayed in many youth hostels (some are much cheaper than what we paid this time) before but I never got the luck to see the bed bugs, especially in such a quantity. I sincerely hope such misfortunate will not occur to any traveller.
From my oponion, the status of this place is unbearable and they shouldn't be allowed to operate.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC