This is my second time staying in the Chelsea Guest House, first in 2006, and second in February 2012. Both times the staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were a decent size and clean.
Myself and my sister stayed in Feb 2012, and for two young girls travelling in London, we felt safe and at ease with the area and guest house, comparred to other hostels and hotels experienced in the past!
There were two single beds, clean towels and a working tv. Considering it is on a fairly busy main road, it is strangely quiet in the guest house and we had no problems getting to sleep from noise etc.
The bathroom was small but adequate for a what we needed. The shower worked really well and had hot running water morning and night.
The location of the guest house is perfect...2 minutes walk to Wandsworth Road station and then its a 5 minute train journey to central london: London Victoria or London Bridge. You cant ask for better location really! The trains run into London 2 in every half an hour. We were out late on the Thursday night, and the trains were still running to get us back. There are also night buses which stop directly opposite the guest house too.
The only thing we found a little bit disappointing was no breakfast service. Although there is a McDonalds next door, and you can be in central London in less than 10minutes for a wealth of breakfast options!
Overall a very pleasant stay and we would recommend this guest house to everyone.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Guest House Hotel
- Chelsea Guest House Hotel London
- Chelsea Hotel London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Chelsea Guest House. Chelsea Guest House is conveniently located close to Central London and closer still to the famous and bustling Clapham where you can enjoy the selection of stylish independent boutiques, bars and restaurants on offer to suit every taste and budget. After your long day’s sightseeing, a trip to the theatre, shopping or perhaps a visit to the vibrant nightlife on offer in London, come back to relax in our warm and friendly guest house where your comfortable bed and well appointed room awaits. Our staff ensure excellent all round hospitality and service. Chelsea is hotel accommodation near to London's finest theatres of the West End, Brixton Academy for music concerts and shopping of the Kings Road and Kensington High Street.So enjoy the convenient location, special comfort and incredible value of the Chelsea Guest House. Contact us for special seasonal packages and offers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Chelsea Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.