I stayed overnight and I’ve got to say it was the worse night’s sleep I’ve ever had or rather never had. The reception staff where great can’t fault any of them. When I got to my room the lady cleaning it was just leaving she said to me “I’ll be back in a moment I need to get you two new pillow cases” she was very nice and friendly but unfortunately she never came back with the pillow cases.
The hotel boasts on its website that it’s been upgraded it’s had a lick of paint and curtains put up. The new King size beds they’ve put in the room are like sleeping on a concrete slab I got two hours sleep the whole night if I was lucky. The pillows almost broke my neck and my head kept sliding off them.
The carpets have more stains than I cared to count and I dread to think what some of them might be!
The pull out bed in the family room had springs bulging out because it’s so old and worn out but in the middle of the night I tried unsuccessfully to sleep on it just to get out of the torture rack they call a bed. The shower head was literally black with some sort of slime I had to wipe off before I dared get into it. The kettle was black someone had turned it on without water being in it but no one has changed it.
I know it’s cheap but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a night’s sleep and a clean shower even if you’re only paying £25
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Travelodge Middlesbrough Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985, Travelodge now operates over 460 hotels (28, 500 rooms) – eleven in Ireland, three in Spain and the rest in the UK. Travelodge is growing rapidly with plans to operate 70,000 rooms (approximately 1000 hotels) by 2020 and aims to be the biggest hotel operator in London by 2012.Nine million people stayed with Travelodge last year and 87% of reservations are currently made online, where room rates start at £19 a night. Rooms are available to book up to 11 months in advance and the site attracts approx 4 million visitors each month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Travelodge Middlesbrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.