We stayed here for 3 nights from 3rd to 6th April and paid just £90 for the two of us!
Continental breakfast was included in this price, but we opted for the full breakfast which was excellent value at around £3 each. Carvery food was also excellent.
Our room was spacious and spotless, with a view of the garden and river. The bathroom was a bit cramped, but for the time we spent in there, it really didn't matter!
The staff were lovely and very attentive - especially Tammy! (she's also very knowledgeable about the local wildlife!!) Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
The hotel might be a 30 min walk into Norwich, but there are bus stops quite near, we used the bus service to go to Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Cromer and Wells-next-the-sea - this made a welcome change from driving. The entrance might have been a bit dirty at times, but that's only to be expected when it's situated on a main road.
All in all,we would thoroughly recommend the Townhouse to anyone who is looking for a centrally located budget hotel in the area. We use Inn Keepers Lodges quite often, and this has to be one of the best. We will certainly stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- The Town House Hotel
- The Town House Hotel Norwich
- Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich Norfolk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're planning to explore historic Norwich or soak up the scenery of the Norfolk Broads, you'd be hard pushed to find a hotel as perfectly placed as this.Nestled in a lovely spot on the banks of the River Yare, opposite Whittingham Country Park, the lodge houses 14 warm and welcoming rooms as well as a Crown Carvery. So you can enjoy the tranquility of the area with your choice of roast, freshly steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds.Norwich has some of the best medieval architecture in Britain with a Norman motte and bailey castle and a fine cathedral dating back to 1096. It's also home to the Norfolk Broads, the largest protected wetlands in the country. They're a mecca for sailors, motor-boaters, canoeists and fishing enthusiasts - although walkers, bird watchers and cyclists will find plenty to do without having to get wet. Norwich Aviation Museum is just up the road, too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.