I've stayed at this hotel now for a few weeks on business. If you're looking for something clean and practical at a reasonable price then the Holiday Inn in Norwich is a good option.
On the plus side, the staff are really nice, the rooms are a good size, have never had any issues with noisy neighbors, the gym (while small) rarely has anyone in it, there's free wi-fi in the lobby, and it's close to the newly developed Riverside attractions including chain restaurants and a large cinema.
While the location is reasonable, it's also not ideal. Norwich is a nice city, but other than the Riverside attractions above it's a solid 15 - 20 minute walk to the nice, old part of town.
My main issue with this hotel is that the channel selection on the TV is terrible. I don't watch much TV, but when I do I at least want to have the basic channel options which have presumably been blocked to increase the liklihood of guests paying for movies. Temperature control also leaves something to be desired.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel
- Holiday Inn Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.