From the photos on the website I was expecting a great deal more than the reality! A very tired shabby hotel, stained carpets, chipped paintwork , and very lacklustre. The ceiling of the corridor to the restaurant and bar was leaking badly and it was obvoius that the fault had been there for some time. I was on a business trip and the hotel was chosen for convenience as it was in close proximity to the busines meeting venue. Had it been for a leisure break I would have cancelled my booking. In fairness I am not a golfer and did not have time to use the spa facilities, and can only assume that these on site amenities are what draw people to the hotel. The staff were friendly,but they could not make up for the failings of the shoddy place. Thank goodness it was only an overnight stay
- Also Known As:
- Suffolk Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel is located on the outskirts of the historic cathedral town of Bury St Edmunds. From the moment you arrive at the hotel, you can expect to receive nothing less than the warmest of welcomes. The hotel has first-rate facilities including an 18-hole Championship golf course (which is one of the prettiest courses in East Anglia), a leisure club with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa. With our friendly and professional staff on hand throughout your stay, you will always be sure of a memorable leisure break at the Suffolk Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.