we stayed here for 4 nights with 2 teenagers and 3 children under the age of 8. we had a few technical problems, the key that we were given wouldn't unlock the door so had to come all the way back downstairs to have it sorted. the person at reception di apologise and fixed the key.
the room was very basic, towels very thin and there was a tiny old fashioned tv for entertainment. there was no wi fi and you had to pay £10 for 24 hours access which i thought was too much. the breakfast was very basic and the breakfast room was always too busy and it was very difficult to get seating places.
also the free wi fi that you could access from the great room downstairs was very slow.
needless to say the teenagers hated it. i personally wouldn't have had a problem with the hotel if it wasn't for the unhelpfulness of one of the staff members named sean. he checked us in when we arrived,i also spoke to him prior to arrival on the phone. we were given two rooms next door to each other. one of the room for me and the hubby and the baby and the other for the 4 kids. as my two teenagers were leaving 2 nights early i asked if it was possible for him to have us moved to rooms that were adjoined to each other. before arriving i also asked him the same thing and he gave me the same reply. that i have to ask everyday to see whether or not there were any rooms available. i asked him if there was a certain in which i could do this. he said he couldn't say as there was no gaurantee that i would get a room. i said i couldn't leave a 6 and an 8 year old in the room by themselves again he gave me the same reply. in the end my husband slept in the other room with 2 kids whilst i slept in one with the baby, not a great way to end our holiday. i feel he could have accomodated us and done something to make sure we got adjoining rooms instead of being so negative.
the good thing about this hotel is the proximity to warwick castle and stratford upon avon, if not for these things i would not recommend it for families.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon Hotel Warwick
- Holiday Inn Warwick
- Warwick Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon Warwickshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the Holiday Inn Express Warwick Stratford-upon-Avon hotel your good-value choice 1.5 miles from central Warwick. Set amid greenery off Jct 15 of the M40, the Holiday Inn Express is a mile from Warwick Castle and 6 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon. We're a 45-minute drive from Birmingham Airport and the Birmingham NEC. A free buffet breakfast with hot and cold options is included in the price of your room.It's just 1.5 miles to Warwick-based companies including IBM and Ford, and a 10-minute walk to Tournament Fields business park. Warwick Parkway train station is 2 miles away.Highlights of Warwick town centre include Warwick Racecourse and Smith Street's shops and restaurants. Nearby Stratford is Shakespeare's birthplace and home to the Royal Shakespeare Company and many historic attractions. Holiday Inn Express Warwick Stratford-upon-Avon's bar is a relaxed spot to mingle over drinks, watch live sport on the large TV screens and enjoy free WiFi. Our comfortable Guest rooms are non-smoking and have a 32-inch flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi and double or triple-glazed windows and a choice of pillows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.