We recently stayed in the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham while on business for 3 nights. On arrival the conceige was great, allowing me to park my car at the front door and go and check in before moving it to the car park down the street.
On arrival at check in there had been a complete mix up by our company and incorrect dates had been booked, but the staff and Manager were most helpful and after a short wait got it sorted.
My room was on the 9th floor with a great view over the city. The rooms are comfortable but as with most 4-5* hotels the pillows were all feather with only 1 non feather pillow in the wardrobe, however a quick call to reception had some non feather pillows delivered to the room.
The rooms are well appointed, with plenty of space and everything you need from irons, hairdryer, bath robes, however there were a few things that didnt make it the best stay in the world. The heat in the rooms was such that you need to run the air conditioning all night, there are no windows in the room that open, however the air conditioning units were quite noisy. The other factor was the non feather pillows! They were so uncomfortable and I am the sort of person that needs a comfortable pillow to be able to sleep.
Breakfast was great, the waiting staff were very attentive. It is buffet style however you can order eggs from the waiters to be cooked as you like them. My colleague ordered boiled eggs and was asked "how long would you like them boiled for sir".
We didnt eat in the hotel, or use the bar, but chose instead to eat out in the various restaurants around Brindley place.
Would I stay here again, probably yes if we were back working in the ICC as it is directly across the street.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Birmingham
- Birmingham Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrium-style hotel located in city center & adjoining the International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.