The balcony door handle was completely broken, it was just hanging in the hole. Therefore the only way of shutting that door was with the security latch ( which allows the door to be left ajar if you want air in the room at night.) Because it was a cold night we wanted it shut. As this was the only means of closing that door, we had to use it. However, it was a windy night, and the wind just kept blowing it open and shut, It just rattled all night . The room was freezing, as were we. Also, because the room was above the entrance, on the fifth floor, we could hear all the noise from the entrance of the comings and goings of guests etc. So we had no sleep and were very cold.
There was a flood of water behind the toilet, which we discoverd the next morning. We could hear the drip, dripping all the time we were there. but hadn't realised it was coming into our room. All of the pipes are enclosed in the wall, and the drip was obviously happening within that wall. We just kept soaking it up with the towels
We were only there for 24 hours, so did not have the time to deal with room changes etc.
However, when we checked out. I spoke to FRIDA, and we discussed all of these issues with her. She took my card with all of my details on, and said she was going to deal with the complaint and contact me. I have heard nothing from her or any representative of the Hilton.
I have stayed here before and have never had a problem, and always thought of the Hilton as a 'good' hotel. I would have expected them to have the facility to deal with complaints. They obvoiusly have none, or think if they leave it long enough it will go away. !!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel Birmingham
- Hilton International Birmingham
- Hilton Birmingham
- Birmingham Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four star Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel is presently undergoing a £20 million planned refurbishment program. Completion is scheduled for 2009. The refurbishment includes public areas, restaurants, meeting space, and 790 bedrooms, each of which will benefit from new bathrooms, beds and interiors. Naturally steps have been taken to ensure that guests are not disrupted or inconvenienced. Please note: Accommodation in the Warwick wing of the hotel is planned to take place towards the end of the refurbishment program. However, this is reflected in the room rate charged for these predominantly SINGLE rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.