As the title suggests Ok for an overnight stay for the airport but food disappointing.
The price of the hotel with parking as part of the park and fly was reasonable but the two things that let this down is that the free transfer bus only gets you to the rail station where you then need to board a monorail to the airport- which is abit of a faff when encumbered with luggage- why can't the bus go that little bit further ( you can see the airport from the rail station)
The other thing was the food was dissapointing- £9.25 for a Microwave style hamburger with soggy Microwave chips(without any threat of garnish)
Top tip walk the 100 yards to the little Owl next door for some very good pub grub( they stop serving at 22:00)
The hotel room was clean and tidy, The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was OK and the staff were very good and friendly.- just the food and the transfer let this place down
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Nec Hotel Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Nec Hotel
- Holiday Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Birmingham NEC hotel is located in the grounds of the UK's largest exhibition centre, the National Exhibition Centre,10 minutes from Birmingham International Airport and Train Station. The hotel operates a complimentary shuttle bus service at limited times daily to the NEC & Birmingham International Train Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.