Hotel fine, rooms fine, bed lovely and comfortable, bathroom good, toiletries good, staff lovely as usual.
However, food in restaurant leaves a lot to be desired still........ partners steak was almost live and kicking, and he was unable to cut it, gristle all the way through, and it came with rock hard broccoli, cauliflower and carrot, not even a chip let alone a mushroom or tomato - standard fare. My so called fresh fish of the day, in beer batter, tasted of old dirty oil, and more like a frozen fish fillet, chips not cooked properly cold peas and salad that had seen better days. Starters were fine, but then soup and cesar salad are not too difficult. Did not bother with dessert. Had a bad experience in restaurant 2 years ago - with cottage pie frozen in a lump in the middle. Asked if the restaurant staff were the same, restaurant girl raised her eyes to the sky so obviously they are.
Staff dealt with complaint well, offered us something else, but we were put off tbh. Gave us afree drink in the bar and said they would investigate. Operations manager met with us the day we left, asked about our experiences and said he was surprised as good things had been said about the restaurant recently.
Breakfast was ok in the morning, standard buffet fare, but adequate.
Still a decent hotel, at a cheap price, near to everything in birmingham - so would stay again but dont think we will be trying the restaurant again. sorry.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham Hotel
- Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Menzies Strathallan Birmingham
- Menzies Strathallan Hotel Birmingham
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.