The hotel itself deserves a rating of 5, as it was extremely clean, modern and the rooms were a reasonable size. The reason I have only rated it a 3 is more to do with the service.
Whilst all reception staff were very friendly and polite, none of them seemed to know exactly what they were doing.
We had a deal from the groupon website which entitled us to 2 nights stay, a free 3 course meal on the first night and buffet breakfast both mornings. When we handed in the voucher the young girl at the desk was unsure what to do with it (although this had all been confirmed by email at the time of booking). She then found help from another male member of staff and they got us checked in. We found this process a little uncomfortable as we wern't sure we would be checked in at all.
Later that evening we asked for more milk for our room, to which the manager offered to bring us some up. After about an hour, still no milk so we went down for our meal were we had to explain again that this was included in our booking. We also again for the milk this time to a younger male at reception. He said sorry we have none and that was that.
The following morning we went down for our buffet breakfast where we had to explain AGAIN that this was included in our booking as the staff kept confusing us for guests at the Formule 1 hotel opposite.However we did bump into a cleaner who gave us some milk with no problems and she didn't even speak english!!
Overall the food was reasonable with plenty of choice and the hotel was well kept and cleaned to a high standard but the overall service was poor, although this is nothing personal to any member of staff as they remained freindly at all times.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Coventry Centre Hotel Coventry
- Ibis Coventry Centre Hotel
- Accor Coventry Centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Coventry Centre is ideally located in the historic centre of Coventry, a short stroll from the busy shopping districts, 5 min walk from train station and 10 minutes by train or 20 by car car from Birmingham NEC. The hotel has 89 en-suite rooms with double showers, air cooling system, free wifi and tea and coffee making facilities. It has a restaurant open on most weekdays and a snack menu serving warm food 24/7. There is also a bar open day and night and private on site car parking available for additional charge (£3 per vehicle per day). Wireless Internet is available in the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Coventry Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.