We chose to stay in the Fraser Suites after our wedding in May this year. We booked a twin room for my husband and the best man for the night before the wedding and then myself and new husband had booked the Princes Suite for our wedding night and the following night. Despite telephoning the suites and discussing the fact that the booking was for our wedding there was absolutely no effort by the accommodation to do anything nice at all for us. To the point that when we arrived after the wedding (me still in my full wedding dress!) the member of staff behind the front desk did not even look up and acknowledge us on the way in let alone help us with our suitcases etc! Unbelievable. As has been acknowledged in other posts the room was unbelievably hot and multiple lights either did not work or flickered on and off. A half drunk bottle of water from a previous guest was found in the fridge and we only had a half loo roll, no spares, tissues, cotton wool or anything - very sparse amenities indeed. During our stay our toiletries were never changed and nothing was tidied by housekeeping. However, perhaps most unbelievable of all we returned to the 'suite' on Saturday afternoon (day after the wedding) having enjoyed lunch in town to find the door of our room open. As there is no security on the front door or key access we had just walked directly off the street. There was housekeeping products in the room but no housekeeper. Goodness knows how long she had been out of the room but we waited a full ten minutes for her to return for her things she seemed surprised to find us in there. I asked her to please no leave the door open as the room contained many valuables such as family jewellery, my wedding dress, my husbands kilt not to mention an iPad, and Mac Book (both rendered completely useless by the lack of WIFI). She seemed affronted but agreed. I was absolutely shocked by this flagrant disregard for the property and privacy of guests. I was sincerely shocked to hear on this site of another guest being accused of stealing a iPod docking station! I can guess at how such an item might have gone missing given our experience. (as an aside our 'iPod docking station' did not work at all throughout the stay) We left the room again to allow housekeeping to hoover but returned to find no evidence this had happened with things exactly as they were with dust on every surface, no change of toiletries and floor rug in disarray etc. The room itself had a nice view but please even the most basic hotel or B&B acknowledges patrons, provides fresh towels, toiletries and tissues, cleans rooms provides wifi and does not leave guests rooms open! Save your money and your energy and stay elsewhere. The Fraser Suites are a ridiculous waste of money and left a very bad taste in the mouth on a weekend that ought to have been the most special of all for us. Such a lack of basic attention to detail is unforgivable in the 'luxury' market. As other writers have commented a microwave and sink does not a 'suite' make more likely an excuse so as you have to 'fend for yourself' - bring your own loo roll and water to this 250 pound a night disaster.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation just off the Royal Mile, in the heart of Scotland's beautiful capital, with amazing views over Princes Street Gardens and beyond. You will be spoiled for choice between plush Classic Rooms, elegant Junior and Executive Suites and sumptuous bespoke suites. Welcome home to Frasers, where you are more than just a guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.