Stayed here midweek for a trip to Edinburgh. Have stayed in a few hotels in this city and would rank this as one of the best. Upon Arrival We walked in and where greeted by William on concierge who explained the parking, £20 Per night and they will park it safely under the hotel for you. He was helpful with the luggage and the local area knowledge and was one of the best concierge I have ever met. Check in was basic very run off the mill, I personally like abit more conversation however all the basic information was given in regards to Spa opening and breakfast times. We where in room 203, The room was well enough equipped, all the essentials for myself, However a few annoying things. 1/ there was no bedside socket, meaning my phone was over on the desk come my morning alarm. The WIFI was chargeable, although when booking though superbreak I was told it was free WIFI throughout, this is superbreaks mistake though not the hotels. and finally the air conditioning might as well off been an asthmatic coughing though a vent, but the room did have a opening window so that wasn't a issue. The pool was nice enough, The changing rooms where a bit messy, however I arrived very late so I let that slide and it wasn't unhygienic. There is no hot-tub, but there's a nice sauna and steam room.
Over nights sleep was fine, I never sleep well in hotels, noise was minimal from outside, and I had my window wide open. The bed was OK - a few reviews slate the mattresses but mine was fine.
Breakfast was good, nice service and selection. I personally prefer a cooked buffet, but they made to order breakfast was very nice. Check out was again OK, It was again a bit impersonal and could have been better. Concierge quickly brought my car round and offered help with my luggage and directions.
All in all it was a very good stay. I will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury 4 star Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is the perfect venue whether for business or pleasure, you are assured of an unforgettable stay. Our team of professional and welcoming staff will offer you a high standard of service to match the luxurious surroundings. Step outside and enjoy Edinburgh on your doorstep: with the Palace of Holyroodhouse, The Queen's official residence in Scotland; Edinburgh Castle; The Royal Mile; Princes Street; Our Dynamic Earth and much, much more - all within a few minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.