We had a wonderful welcome from Julie to our short stay. The Victorian house has been beautifully renovated and is very clean with very comfortable beds. Julie was reassuring that we didn't have to bring shamoos, shower gel or hairdryer, handy when you are travelling with hand luggage only and restricted on what you can carry when flying. The breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit available and cooked breakfast to order. The excellent Edinburgh bus service was just outside the door. Julie and Ron were particualry kind in the circumstances and allowed us to leave our bags so we didn't have to cart them around Edinburgh for hours, until we collected them later in the day before catching our flight home. What was very remarkable was Julie's kindness. She knew we were there visiting a sick relative and she was extremely kind to us and went so far as making a donation to the Marie Curie Hospice in Fairmilehead. Thank you. I would certainly recommend this establishment and have already done so to friends. I would certainly return when next back in Edinburgh.
- Also Known As:
- Number 27 Morningside Hotel
- Number 27 Morningside Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 27 Morningside Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering bed and breakfast with friendliness and style, Number 27 Morningside is a recently renovated Victorian villa located in the Morningside area of Edinburgh. Your hosts are Ron and Julie and we welcome you to our home. Perfect for the business or leisure visitor, we are just 10 minute bus ride to the city centre, or walk into the centre through Morningside and Bruntsfield, taking in the eclectic collection of shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. All rooms have ensuite shower and toilet. ... more less