(Pronounced "Caledonia", which is a lot easier to remember). This small, family-operated hotel is a three-star gem in the Dalkeith Road area near the University of Edinburgh student residences, a 7-pound cab ride, short bus ride, or 15 minute walk from city center. We stayed for three nights and greatly enjoyed it. The rooms are nicely furnished and ours had the best shower I experienced in the two week Iceland-Scotland trip we recently completed. The breakfasts are, as noted in other reviews, quite good, with an unusually large menu of choices (the bagels with smoked salmon are excellent, as is the scotch breakfast). Max and Annette are the proprietors- Max was gone while we were there, but we cannot say enough good things about Annette. She was an excellent host- professional, competent, knowledgeable and helpful. We would happily stay again and recommend the Hotel Ceillidh-Donia.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh Donia
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.