I've stayed in this hotel many times, as an IC hotels member, I always look for member hotels, so have stayed in most Holiday Inn hotels in Glasgow. This is unbeatable.
I've stayed in standard rooms, club rooms and corner suites, all of which are excellent quality, refurbished and very plush. If you can afford it, go for one of the corner Suites overlooking the River Clyde: Great views, high rooms, club lounge access (quiet and refreshing atmosphere to relax with friends or family with very friendly staff). The Lobby is very modern with a real 'Scottish' feel to it. The bar has everything stocked and a live piano player is there on many occasions. A little shop inside sells many Scottish 'keepsakes' to take home at decent prices.
The hotel is situated beside the SECC (Exhibition centre) where many major concerts are held. It's also in an area of Glasgow which has been recently transformed into something of beauty, right by the Clydeside (river Clyde).
Walking, you can take the bridge over to the science museum, SECC, or many local shops and attractions.
For the city centre, take a walk along the Clydeside or take a short taxi journey to the huge shopping area that is Glasgow.
Private parking available which is gated and secure.
Great place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.