Initial impressions were good but on closer inspection the hotel failed to make the grade. As in the last review the sheets did not cover the mattress and there was no mattress cover - yuck! The shower cubicle was black with mould - nothing some bleach and elbow grease wouldn't sort out. The en-suite was tight for space although our room had a huge walk-in cupboard/wardrobe. Perhaps some of the space could have been used to increase the size of the en-suite? The wooden floors were noisy but our room overlooked the gardens at the rear and was quiet. The breakfast was OK - a poor selection of fruit and cereals although the cooked breakfast was fine. Would prefer a fresh pot of coffee to coffee from a vending machine! The location is convenient but there are several other hotels in the area, some with parking, so perhaps this hotel needs to up its game?
- Also Known As:
- Kelvingrove Hotel Glasgow
- Kelvingrove Hotel Glasgow, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kelvingrove Hotel, located in Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street, is a three star guest house offering exceptional service and excellent accommodation. The hotel is run by three generations of the same family, all of whom have a wealth of experience in the hospitality industry, so you can always be sure of a warm welcome at the Kelvingrove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Budget Places, Travelocity, Freetobook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kelvingrove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.