This is a very tired "resort" needing much updating. The swimming pool area is very run down with wall tiles missing and little or no heating in the female changing rooms. Actually there seemed to be a severe lack of heating in any of the leisure areas including the bar area. When we checked in we were offered no information on the facilities meaning it was pot luck if we happened to be in the bar area when the children's face painting was on. The accommodation is very dated and there is a charge (extortionate) for ever scrap of electricity used in your accommodation. The children went to play table tennis ( extra Charge) in the sports hall and came back colder than they would have been standing in the snow outside. Overall this is not worth the money and there are definitely better quality places to stay in Aviemore. Not some place I would recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less