My family and I stayed here at the start and finish of our bike tour and overall we had a good experience. If there are one or two people then take the bus to and from the airport. There is a bus stop across from the hotel, but the express bus drops you 1.5k away in downtown. If you have 4 in your party it can be cheaper to take the taxi.
The good parts:
- We arrived early and the staff were able to get us into our rooms well before the standard 2pm check-in time. They were supportive and friendly at all times, making our jet lag more bearable.
- Large pool, jacuzzi, and decent weight room free for those staying here.
- Decent breakfast menu and with a typical Irish food on the breakfast buffet.
- A short pleasant walk into the downtown area. Perfect for walking off a meal in town.
- Small austere rooms by American standards which were not the problem, the small beds (a single and twin) were the only real issue. I am 6ft 1in, my wife and I were challenged to share the twin. Felt like a 1950/1960 movie where the couple sleep in seperate beds, now I know why.
- Surprised to learn that to use the pool you needed a swim cap, which could be purchased for 3.50 euro at the counter.
- With the large indoor pool and decent rates, this hotel was popular for families. The downside was that late in the evenining there would be kids running up and down the halls.
- The jacuzzi was broken when we stayed. Had been looking forward to it after a week of bike riding.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ennis
- West County Hotel Ennis, Ireland - County Clare
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your West County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.