Surrounded by the Bluestack mountains and right on the shore of the incredibly scenic Lough Eske, it's very hard not to immediately love this place. I hiked through this estate 15 years ago when it was crumpled ruins with a tree growing out of what is now the main entrance. They've done a superb job of restoring the old castle and the gardens are magnificent. You have the choice to sample the fine dining experience in the Cedar room or check out the excellent bar menu. There are plenty of nooks and crannies with large comfortable leather chairs beside large open fireplaces - Ideal for rainy days with a good book. The bar has an excellent selection of Irish and scotch whiskeys, although the beer menu is a tad dull. Classy establishment, knowledgeable staff, spectacular surroundings. What's not to like. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is an historic castle dating to the 15th century and the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.