It was my 50th birthday and 7 of us descended on Dublin, all females. We had never been before and we found the hotels in the centre quite expensive. I stumbled across the Ivy apartments on the internet and took a chance and booked them. We were all very impressed with them and the location. 2 minutes away from the centre. Wasn't so keen on not having any face to face contact upon arriving and booking in. We had to go to the apartments next door and put a code in a key safe box to obtain our keys. However everything went smoothly and I had a 24 hour contact telephone number in case of any problems.
The apartments were spotless, spacious and nice and warm. Well equipped with everything. Beware though, there is only enough hot water for showers for two people but there is a booster button on the water heater which should be put on half an hour before you neeed to shower. This then gives enough hot water for four showers.
Our flight home on the Tuesday was only at 6.00pm and it stated that we had to leave our apartments at 10.00am. I made a phone calll and they allowed us to keep one apartment at no extra charge until we left at 4.00pm.
Dublin is a great city with a great friendly welcome. We did the bus tour and the guiness factory and lo,ts of bars. O Neills is great for eating, 12 euros for a carvery and highly recommended. The drinks wern't quite so expensive in there too.
All in all a good weekend and I would certainly reccommend the Ivy apartments
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Exchange Apartments Hotel
- Ivy Exchange Apartments Hotel Dublin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finished to an impressive standard the Ivy Exchange Apartments in Dublin City Centre provide the visitor with a home from home. We offer a selection of 4 one bedroom (sleeps 2) and 18 two bedroom (sleeps 4) and 1 three bedroom (sleeps 5) self catering apartments which come fully furnished with bed linen and towels also provided. All apartments also come with fully-equipped kitchens, washer/dryer, microwave oven, TV/DVD players and lounge/dining area. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure the Ivy Exchange Apartments offer you the perfect alternative to hotel accommodation. Offering almost twice the size of a standard hotel room these apartments provide our guests everything associated with comfort and convenience. It is an ideal choice for groups and families as our per person sharing rates offer excellent value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ivy Exchange Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.