Stayed here over Easter with my husband. Have stayed here before a few years ago.
The good bits: Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast.
The bad bits: Double bed ( didnt know hotels still had double beds), a bit of roll together going on, really uncomfortable old pillows. Dont know why these older hotels do not invest in new, quality pillows, It is so important, yet I do find it to be common with cheaper hotels.Duvet so thin it was uncomfortable...never in my life seen such a thin duvet (old, needs replacing)
Really small bathroom, husband and I could not be in there at the same time.
Smallish room without any feel to it at all.
The breakfast was a real bonus and was the reason I chose this hotel over the excellent Premier inn in Barnwood, but to be honest I would not stay here again. I know these hotels are budget and do not cost a lot of money but this hotel really has a cold soulless feel to it and I was happy to leave.
If breakfast is not an issue, then try the Premier inn, Barnwood...much better and cheaper, with a king size bed and comfy pillows and just generally cosier. Still budget, but better by far.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South Hotel Gloucester
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester
- Holiday Inn Gloucester
- Gloucester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South Gloucestershire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Gloucester South hotel is conveniently located off Junction 12 of the M5 and is close to Gloucester City Centre. The Express by Holiday Inn Gloucester South hotel is 3.5 miles from Gloucester city centre and 15 miles from Cheltenham. Bristol is just 35 miles away, whilst driving to Cardiff Millennium Stadium will take one hour, for sporting enthusiasts. The hotel is adjacent to Waterwells Business Park making it ideal for visiting both local companies and attractions in Gloucester. Attractions include Gloucester Cathedral, famous for the filming of Harry Potter, and Gloucester Docks. Nearby is Cheltenham Racecourse, home of the famous Gold Cup and Paddy Power festivals. Cradled by the picturesque Cotswold Hills and ideally located in the heart of the country, the city of Gloucester offers visitors a vibrant, lively atmosphere. All guestrooms offer High Speed Internet Access, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities, with all bedroom windows opening for guest use. All rates include free parking and free continental breakfast for up to two adults and two children, children stay free when sharing parents room. Vending and high speed internet kiosks are available for use in the hotel lobby.We look forward to welcoming you to the Express by Holiday Inn Gloucester South hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.