Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights towards the end of March with my wife on a trip to visit relatives in Swindon. I have stayed in a number of Hiltons and other hotel chains in different countries and although it is sometimes difficult to distinguish one from the other I would rate this hotel as one of the better ones. It is in a very convenient but relatively quiet location , the room layout is good and not once over the five nights were we disturbed or heard any noises which is unusual for a modern hotel especially since we were on the ground floor.
The staff on reception were extremely helpful and pleasant,the breakfasts were good value with plenty of choice .
The only criticism I would make is that on arrival in the room there were no instructions on how to turn on the lights and the tv wouldn't work. Reception advised that the card key had to be inserted in a slot on the wall to activate the lights and the tv cable was disconnected by mistake. Perhaps a bit more information in the room would be helpful and although wireless internet was available free in the reception and lounge area it cost 10 pound a day to use in the room. We used our laptop in the reception area which was quite close and nicely laid out but the option to have free internet in the room would have been very useful. This is one of my major gripes about hotels worldwide in general, most I have stayed in charge for using internet in the bedrooms if available , in this day and age I think if internet is available it should be free of charge throughout the hotel.
To sum up this is a hotel I would certainly stay at again although we did qualify for a special rate of just under 40 pounds sterling a night which we booked and prepaid in January which I think is considerably less than their full rate and it was this that led us to book this hotel over the many others of a similar standard in the Swindon area.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Swindon Hotel
- Hilton Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Hilton International Swindon
- Swindon Hilton International
- Swindon Hilton
- Hilton Swindon Wiltshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside at the Hilton Swindon hotel, ideally located just off the M4 from junction 16, just three miles from Swindon town center and close to Windmill Hill and Blagrove business districts. This Wiltshire hotel is close to a variety of fantastic local attractions including Longleat Safari Park and the stunning Cotswold’s.Rejuvenate in this modern Swindon hotel’s 171 comfortable guest rooms. Upgrade to a Deluxe room and enjoy extra space and a complimentary amenity pack, featuring soft bathrobes and slippers, mineral water, a selection of Dormens Jelly Beans and Nuts. This rural Wiltshire hotel boasts the superb, 'The Larder Restaurant'. Indulge in the freshest, locally sourced seasonal ingredients and savor a delicious range of modern British cuisine. Refresh with a glass of wine in The Larder Bar, or sip on a perfect cup of coffee from the hotel’s Costa Coffee café, offering delectable, fresh sandwiches and continental pastries. This hotel offers the perfect base to do business in the hotel’s well-equipped business center, with 15 assorted meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 300 guests in the Lydiard Suite. Re-energize in the LivingWell Health Club featuring a full range of exercise equipment. Unwind in the hotel’s sauna or steam room, plunge into the indoor heated swimming pool and relax in the bubble pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.