We stayed for 3 nights over Easter Weekend as part of a Legoland package - husband and I, and our two children age 3 & 6. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but overall was really pleased with whole experience.
All of the staff were super friendly, taking the time out to talk to the children and answer queries. The kids received substantial quality fun packs and some sweets which was a nice touch. We stayed in an refurbished room which was really very good. Quality toiletries and a plentiful supply of drinks and biscuits were an added thoughtful and welcome extra - a lot better that the usual stuff hotels leave out.
Beds were comfy and the pillows were great, I normally have a problem with hotel pillows but these gave us a great night's sleep. The children's sofa bed was also large and comfy, it was sprung rather than foam which was brilliant, but I would suggest would be some kind of mattress cover on the sofa bed between the sheet and the mattress.
Breakfast was brilliant with a huge choice of food catering for all tastes. Of particular note were the proper sausages, not mass catering pink lumps but tasty, meaty well-produced ones. The kids loved having chocolate cake and ham for breakfast! Again the waiting staff were super, nothing was too much trouble and even though it was really busy they engaged with the kids.
The only real disappointment with the stay was the children's playroom which was a huge let down for the kids and really not somewhere we wanted to be in. However we did report this on a customer care form and were very pleasantly surprised to receive a reply immediately on our return to address this. Ditto I reported a broken extractor fan and this was addressed straight away. I also commented on the bathroom which was nice but let down by grotty floor tiling and bath side.
We would definitely stay at the Basingstoke Hilton again if we could be guaranteed one of the refurbished rooms. Looking at the reviews it looks like the hotel and it's staff have been working really hard to turn it around, we think they are succeeding.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Basingstoke Hotel
- Hilton Basingstoke Hotel Basingstoke
- Hilton International Basingstoke
- Basingstoke Hilton International
- Basingstoke Hilton
- Hilton Basingstoke Hampshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel located 2 miles from Basingstoke station & 35 from Heathrow Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Basingstoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.