Me and my husband attended our neices wedding here on 5th April. When placing the booking over the phone for our room, I asked if there was any chance our room could be available for noon as we would be travelling from Doncaster and I would like to change before the wedding. I was pleasantly surprised when checking in that our room was ready for us.
We stayed in the main building overlooking the giant laurel bush with views over the fields. the room was large and clean although quite cold, I had to turn the radiator up.
Although some of the carpets are a bit tired overall the hotel was comfy and homely.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and reception staff were very friendly. The food for the wedding breakfast was excellent, much better than I was expecting.
Breakfast was buffet style with good selection of fresh fruit, cereal and full english breakfast. you could go up as many times as you wanted and hash browns were great.
One point to say, is if you fill in the loyalty card leaflet in at reception, you will get a discount on your room when checking out. our room should have been £90 but we got it for £80.
If I had to say 1 negative thing about the hotel is that when you book in you are asked to swipe your card and add £25 per person on top. so we had to put £140 on our card before our stay, and then paid £80 on departure. when we looked at our bank it showed the £140 going through as a payment, I rang the hotel when we got home and they said they have to cancel the payment with the bank. I have never known this procedure before and you may have to keep an eye on your bank and make sure the hotel remembers to cancel your 1st payment.
Overall I was impressed with this hotel and would definately stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Parkside Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Mercure Parkside Milton Keynes Hotel
- Mercure Milton Keynes
- Accor Milton Keynes
- Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel Buckinghamshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside hotel is a 4 star hotel, located in the village of Woughton on the Green. Your hotel booking outs you a 5 minute drive from central Milton Keynes. Each of the hotel's 49 modern guest rooms comes with wireless internet and satellite TV. Lanes Restaurant has a traditional menu and has recently gained a Rosette, and Levi's Bar has a drinks and light meals menu. The hotel has 5 fully-equipped meeting rooms for up to 150 people, perfect for business as well as weddings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.