This hotel was booked with the Harry Potter studio tour (which is excellent!). Travelled with my teenage daughter. Plus sides- very clean, nice room. Man on reception was polite and helpful. Literally next door to Watford Junction train station. Could see and hear the trains and track from our window, but wasn't noisy at all. Negative things- confusing car parking which belongs to office block next door had to pay £3 a day,or £6 a day if you get put on the pay and display one. Hotel reception disorganised-they just couldn't get that I was staying an extra night and my friend was arriving the next day! They tried to charge her for my parking. Breakfast is basic there were no knives either day I stayed. We didn't feel very safe at night walking back from train station as hotel is down a back street with train track next to it. I would not recommend this hotel if you are a lone female traveller. Big negative- £15 each to take overground train into London! Cost me a fortune I must admit second day I knocked a couple of years off my daughters age and she went on as a child ticket. You do get underground free with the ticket. If you travel back before 4.30pm or after 7 its cheaper. Cost me an extra £30 first night when we went to see a show. Room only had 2 teabags, bit pathetic. Towels were tiny and shower wasn't that great but adequate.No toiletries or glasses to drink with.Just felt it was all a bit basic when you compare it to similar hotels. Premier Inns much better. No decent restaurants nearby have to drive about 1 mile to Harvester/TGI Friday/Macdonalds. Don't think I will stay here again as wasn't good value with the HP tickets.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Watford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.