Stayed here on my first trip To Mancester! Only one night as we were going To see ColdPlay at the Eitihad Stadium. This was the perfect location as the bus left from right opposite the hotel, going And returning.
The Hotel was clean, staff Polite And Duvets on the bed. Pool And sauna were small but very relaxing in the morning And Lovely woman there To welcome you. Jacuzzi was way Too hot, didn't like that.
Breakfast was great.
Only down Point To room was the extremely thin walls, very annoying at bed time And in the morning. Oh And the room was very small, we couldn't move with the Ironing board up!!
- Also Known As:
- The Portland By Thistle, Manchester Hotel
- The Portland By Thistle, Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Thistle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Piccadilly Gardens in the heart of the city, we’re just five minutes’ walk form Picadilly Railway Station close to some great attractions, the Arndale Centre, China Town the Arena and Manchester central are all a short walk away. The Portland was one of Manchester's first hotels and has a modern feel. Just Gym with a plunge pool and Jacuzzi is available in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Thistle Manchester City Centre, The Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.