First, naming rooms "deluxe" is misleading because it implies that they have something special to offer. In fact, they are standard rooms as expected in a hotel of this calibre. The twin beds are narrow and the televisions are old fashioned with small square screens. In the room information pack, there were instructions on how to use the DVD player. However, we could not find one. The room decoration might not be to your taste; they are rather dull. When I asked in reception about what was deluxe in the rooms, he explained that deluxe is not just the room but the extras like 24 room service, the concierge, the TV in the room!; which implies that standard rooms do not have these "extras". There is nothing "deluxe" about the rooms.
We could not sleep due to the terrible noise that other guests made at about 3:00 am; and there was also noise coming from the street but this is beyond the hotel's control.
On the positive side; the walk-in shower was very good, in fact, we will copy the layout when we build an extension; they should provide soaps as well as shower gel. Breakfast was well served. All the members of staff were extremely helpful; unfortunately people have to wait a long time to be served in reception and the restaurant at breakfast.
We will not be staying at this hotel again because of the small twin beds and outdated TVs.; we will go back to the Midland. But we want to congratulate every member of staff we met for their friendliness and help; they are the ones who make this a 5* hotel.
I want to ask Mr. Miles (General Manager) to refrain from replying to my comments; we do not need a "polite" and professionally detached explanation or apology.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Radisson Manchester
- Manchester Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Radisson Blu Edwardian Free Trade Hall Manchester features 263 bedrooms, in addition to a number of meeting and event rooms, within a luxury 5* gold award property. The hotel also caters to your every culinary need, from Steak & Lobster at Alto, to the glamorous Opus One Restaurant and Bar featuring the finest locally sourced British food. Sienna Spa & Health Club comes complete with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam/sauna. The hotel holds the Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award. Throughout the hotel is complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.