I have just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel and it was an enjoyable experience however I didn’t realise it was 5*. The good points are: We had a deluxe double room and it was spotlessly clean, well equipped and had everything that you would need for a comfortable stay. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and the shower was lovely and powerful. We dined in the Alto Bar for dinner and the food was absolutely delicious. Overall, I must say that ALL staff were very helpful and polite.
My negative points are nothing major, however for a 5* hotel I would expect near perfection. Whilst the dinner was delicious, it took ages to arrive. Granted, we were a large party of 10, however waiting one hour for your food to arrive is too long and made all of us late for our evening plans. Secondly, at breakfast the next morning, we had to queue for a good 15 minutes to get into the actual room. Perhaps we just arrived at the worst possible time however when you are on a strict timetable with check-out times and travel times, you don’t have the luxury of a 15 minute wait so we had to wolf down our breakfast.
I also did not realise the hotel had a Spa – it was never mentioned to any of us and I didn’t look at the website prior to staying so I think you missed a few potential clients that day.
Overall, this hotel is lovely and the staff are so polite but the whole dinner/breakfast experience needs looking at.
I thought this hotel was more of a good 4* hotel rather than a slightly lacking 5*.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Radisson Manchester
- Manchester Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Radisson Blu Edwardian Free Trade Hall Manchester features 263 bedrooms, in addition to a number of meeting and event rooms, within a luxury 5* gold award property. The hotel also caters to your every culinary need, from Steak & Lobster at Alto, to the glamorous Opus One Restaurant and Bar featuring the finest locally sourced British food. Sienna Spa & Health Club comes complete with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam/sauna. The hotel holds the Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award. Throughout the hotel is complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.