This hotel definitely sits squarely in the four-star category – it ticks all the boxes, but doesn’t blow you away; that said, it’s not designed for that. Its aim is to be a good quality business hotel, and it does that very well. Although the rooms are fairly compact, they are very clean and pretty well appointed – the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, and the shower was excellent (why are so many hotel showers rubbish!?). There was also a neat touch with a Nespresso machine in the room. Breakfast – included in our room rate – was very good, with a wide range available and (as expected) a lot of fresh breads and pastries available.
The downsides for us were the hotel bar and the location. The hotel bar was extremely expensive, particularly given the out of town location – a bottle of wine and a club sandwich cost €36. Pretty pricey, and we picked the cheapest wine on the menu. Most were €30 and upwards! The location itself leaves a lot to be desired – the view over lake is nice, but the surrounding area is pretty unpleasant. Yes, it’s an out of town conference area, but there’s a lot of unfinished building going on, and many of the surrounding buildings (e.g. Novotel) are in a pretty average state. Not a lovely place to drive back to in the evening.
Bordeaux itself is lovely, surprisingly so. There has obviously been a serious modernisation effort going on, and it is now a very clean city, with wide open spaces for walking and relaxing, and this focus on cleaning up the city now really highlights the beautiful architecture. With beaches to the west and wonderful vineyards to the east, we will definitely go back – and try to stay longer next time.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania Hotel
- Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania Hotel Bordeaux
- Accor Bordeaux Aquitania
- Sofitel Bordeaux
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lake district in an ecological area; near Parc des Expositions and Palais de Congres; on site restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.