Good views, friendly receptionist and homely (I guess).
However this was down as a 3* hotel and did not feel like it.
- there is no permanent member of staff there. A sign at reception suggests you go to a nearby hotel for assistance. Not ideal especially at night.
- room was cramped and with very dated fittings. Linen was green and a lurid pink polyester blanket that had seen better days adorned the bed.
- Buffet breakfast was adequate and a nice but cramped room (sitting on little chairs), but I think the ham was bad (it was blackened at the edge and smelt off).
- We booked on www.booking.com and found out later we'd paid the rack rate of 155 euros for the triple/quad room, despite having booked weeks in advance. This was room only - breakfast was 12 euros each. So we paid 191 euros. I'd not be happy paying more than 100 euros for what we had, and I've stayed in all manner of hotels all over Britain and the continent.
On this occasion we wanted the 3* experience - i.e. a room like one in a Tulip Inn or Express by Holiday Inn - reasonably sized, plain but clean, for one night prior to catching our ferry. This place did not satisfy this expectation. I was surprised to see the blue inspectors' plaque outside showed it was rated 3* in 2006 which is quite some time ago now.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Broceliande Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.