We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights early May 2012 we had booked a "superior room" via the company’s own website.
We will not be returning.
We did not have breakfast which we felt at 14 Euro per person was very pricy. A box of croissants small jar of coffee and bottle of milk from the nearby Leclerc worked for us at far better value
The room was average for a superior room, what is the standard like? straw on the floor??
Our room was at the front of the hotel on the 2nd floor and unbearably hot. we should have realised when we saw someone on the same floor rear facing with their skylight window open and when we got to the corridor a bin propping open their door to get any cool air.
after 2 nights of no sleep with the windows open and the traffic noise we asked if the aircon could be turned on ( bearing in mind we had paid for it as part of the room facilities!!) that was the best nights sleep ever!
The Walls appear to be fairly thin as we could hear our neighbours bathroom visits quite clearly and the cisterns filling up again.
The beds are the memory foam and go to prove they may be good for personal use but still have the trough in each side (a double is 2 singles zipped together)
Wifi is free but frustrating to use. You need to get a logon pass for each device from reception. We had 2 iphones and ipad so were logging each other out at first.
On checkout I was ready to complain but the receptionist (night porter) couldn’t even ask if I had had a nice stay!
The location of the hotel is good, out of town good parking at front and rear although limited respect is given to the disabled spaces by some guests
We ate dinner in town every night - when you get a 19.90 3 course menu vs. the in room choices for 14.50 for 1 plate it’s a no brainer.
It’s a 5 min drive down the road to town, parking is free after 18.30, Sundays and public holidays. There are a lovely collection of restaurants around the chateau walls, our favourite being the creperie at the far end.
Amboise, a lovely town, the hotel basic and on that basis over priced
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Le Vinci Loire Valley Hotel Amboise
- Best Western Le Vinci Loire Valley Hotel
- Best Western Hotel Amboise
- Best Western Amboise
- Amboise Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- " In the heart of the Loire Valley castles, at only 1500 meters from Amboise royal castle and the « Château du Clos Lucé », the last house of Leonardo da Vinci.The “Best Western Le Vinci Loire Valley” hotel is in Amboise the ideal location to comeand discover all cultural and culinary treasures of our region.Amateur of great vintages, the Wine Touristic Road will drive you along of the Loire River with its beautiful landscapes and vineyards.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Le Vinci Loire Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.