Booked in at Hotel Royal Champagne for two nights in May 2011 and wish it had been three! Given some of the reviews HRC had received I had decided to err on the side of caution and just make it two nights.
We arrived two hours before check-in hoping we could get in to our room early. At reception we were warmly greeted and immediately offered complimentary Champagne while waiting for our room to be ready. By the time we finished our glasses of bubbly our bags were already in the room.
We were shown to a beautifully decorated room (#29, top floor of two levels) overlooking the village of Champillon and vineyards of Epernay. See pictures for an idea of the room and for views from the terrace – stunning! Furnishings, linens, size, bathroom, bed etc. all exceeded our expectations.
We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be creatively presented and of good quality. Yes the meal is $$$ but you get what you pay for and you’re paying for quality ingredients and thoughtful preparation in an incredibly picturesque setting. Service was attentive but be prepared for a loooong meal. As is the norm when dining in France some may find that the meal progresses at a pace that is a little too leisurely.
Terrace received afternoon/evening sun during our visit which we thoroughly made a point of enjoying…drinking our recent acquisitions of bubbly from the local Champagne houses, reading a book, or just sitting and enjoying the incredible view and serenity.
The free Wi-Fi was a bonus but incredibly slow which wasn’t really a big surprise given the location.
We absolutely loved this hotel! Located a few minutes off the Route du Champagne - approx. 10 minutes from Epernay and about 25 minutes from Reims it was the perfect location for us since we were exploring both regions. Would definitely recommend HRC and not hesitate to stay there on a future visit.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Champagne Hotel Epernay
- Royal Champagne Hotel
- Royal Champagne Épernay
- Royal Champagne Hotel Épernay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Land of Champagne and of the king of France has given its name to our Hotel, a historical and authentic house, surrounded by some of the most prestigious French vineyards. Your stay among us will be full of a thousand and one daily delights:champagne tasting, dinner in our gastronomic restaurant, visits to local champagne cellars, excursions to Reims and Epernay... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Champagne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.