This was our third trip to Paris and we chose this hotel because of its location. We knew it costs a bit more than others but given our past experiences in what could only be described as "dives" we took a chance that this was going to be reasonable.
Firstly, it cannot be beaten for location. It is about fifty meters from the corner of the Tuilleries and the Louvre and the metro is across the road and about 30 meters from the hotel. Perfect for quite a lot of the other attractions such as Concorde, Place Vendome etc. Lots of littel cafes and great shopping for those that like shopping.
We found the service to be excellent and the staff were fantastic. Our suite was modern, clean, spacious and had all the facilities that we required except coffee and tea making provisons. Mind you, we had stayed at a 5 star establishment in Epernay and they did not offer coffee and tea making facilities in our room either and that was one of the best hotels we have stayed in anywhere in the world.
The bar was great and the coffee in the bar was actually cheaper than the little cafe around the corner. I thought 4.5 Euro fr a coffee at a hotel was not bad considering it was 6 at the corner cafe.
The 50 meter pool was clean and open till quite late. We had direct free internet access and thought the suite was fine. My wife also thought the hotel was fine and she is the first to find fault with any hotel as we both travel for business as well as on holidays. Our travelling companion had a superior room and he too thought it was great.
The room was quiet and the quality of the bathrobes and slippers and products in the bathroom were as good as any five star hotel we have stayed in around the world.
I would happily reccommend this hotel to anyone wanting good value for money in the most brilliant location. I would certainly consider staying there again without any problem. Do also remember that hotels in Paris are quite expensive so we thought this was good value for money compared with prices charged around the world for similar or better properties.
SL from Melbourne, Australia
- Also Known As:
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel
- Saint James Albany Hotel
- Clarion Paris
- St James Albany
- Saint James & Albany
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hôtels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.