My husband and i stayed there for a week in March 2012.
As for the good points:
1) Location is really something. The hotel is just a block from Cadet station, from which you can quickly get to Gare du Nord and Opera district. Besides, the Opera is just about 10 minutes to walk. And it took us about 20 minutes to get to the Louvre Museum. The park in front of the hotel was quiet at night, but i can believe some reviewers mentioning it's noisy at night. We stayed there in March and the weather was pretty cold to hang out all night in the park..
2) The bathroom was of a good size: three broad steps from the door to the bathtub. Though the tub is rather small.
3) Wi-fi connection was very good! We used to load large files from the web- and that was fast. It's very cheap, if you buy it for a week. I'd recommend it to everyone, who stays at least a couple of days.
4) The staff was polite and helpful. Once we got one light bulb burned out (at midnight), and it was quickly replaced by a staff guy.
As for the bad points:
1) The rooms are pretty small, the wardrobe was small too, so i guess there's no enough space to put two large luggage in this room.
2) The luck of plugs- one in the room, and one in the bathroom. We had to charge our devices in turn.
3) cleaning was average, but not that bad.
4) We usually went to bed before midnight, but once we went back in the middle of the night and could not get asleep listening to heavy snoring through the wall :)
I'd rather return to this hotel, but only if i do not have to pay the whole amount of the stay. We had a 50% discount, so the price was good, but this hotel could be much better for its regular price. I put 4 stars for my good points and the fact, that i got a good discount.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC