Myself and 3 friends (all females aged 22) stayed here for 1 night on Sept 19th 2009. I'll break my review into sections for ease.
Check-in: quick and friendly; were in the room with 5 minutes. There is a left which is good for guests with mobility issues or those with lots of luggage (not all hotels in Paris have lifts).
Reception: they have a left-luggage area which is useful, plus vending machine and a small sitting area with TV. Staff were friendly and reception was open 24 hours which was good. We left our key with them so we could come in at different times and it was no problem.
Room: decent size. We were all sharing, so had a triple room (with 1 double and 1 single bed) with an extra put-you-up single bed. Wardrobe was a decent size and there was a small dressing table with mirror, plus a TV and air con which was very handy, and also a fridge. The double bed had a proper duvet which I was impressed with; the two singles just had sheets and blankets. The room was very clean so no problems in that respect either.
NB: though space was fine for a short stay, it would be tight for 4 adults for a longer stay, esp with luggage (though there was space under the beds for small cases)
The safe wasn't the best design: it was electronic, but not fixed to anything which I found a little odd.
Bathroom: good size with good shower (no hot water issues), toilet and sink. Nice and clean and relatively modern. There was a hairdryer so no need to bring your own, and they provided some toiletries (soap, shower gel, shampoo). Plenty of towels were provided too.
Location: very good. About a 5 minute walk from the Gare du Nord, with Chateau d'Eau station literally round the corner, and also a couple of minutes walk from the Gare du l'Est. We were a little apprehensive about the area at first, but it was fine.
We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.
If any has any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.
- Also Known As:
- Abotel Garden Opera Hotel
- Abotel Garden Opera Paris
- Abotel Garden Opera Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Paris, for business or for leisure, a stone's throw from the République square, the Opéra, the major boulevards and shops and only a few minutes from Sacré-Cœur, Montmartre Moulin Rouge, and the Folies Bergères.A 20min walk to Pompidou and Louvre Museums, and cathedral Notre-Dame.A direct metro line(9) to Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees (15min). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Budget Places, Travelocity, Olotels, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Garden Opera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.