After reading rather mixed reviews online my boyfriend and I decided to try our luck with Royal Aboukir and are we ever glad we did. The moment we stepped in we were more than pleasantly surprised.
The MANY postives:
- Location was EXCELLENT (District 2, 15 minute walk to the Louvre; it is also walking distance to almost every tourist destinations, street close to many amenities such as shopping, grocery store, cafes/restaurants)!
- Staff at the hotel was extremely friendly (and they spoke English very well)!
- Room size was more than comfortable for two (with full mirrors, desk, mounted lcd tv, mini bar fridge)!
- Bathroom was appealing and very modern (had bath + shower, jets, hand held shower nozzle, glass door, etc)!
- Daily housekeeping was included (we had clean towels, freshly made bed, new toiletries every morning)!
- Internet was included in the room rate (and it was highly reliable - just ask the front desk for the code for the duration of your stay)!
- Buffet breakfast available 6:30 - 10:00am for 8 euros (nice option for people to start off the day, we went one morning although decided instead to buy croissants and cheese at the nearby grocery store and keep it in the fridge a tip that saves you a bit of money)!
The FEW negatives:
- Rooms are definitely not sound proof (but don't let this deter you, it didn't disturb our sleep in any way);
- Inflexible check-in time (hotel staff was strict on this, we could not check in any earlier than 2:30pm - however they still housed our luggage in the basement when we did show up early);
- Elevator is small (it holds 1 person and 2 suitcases, or 3 people - this is VERY common in Europe though - NOT an inconvenience at all, but I think I should inform people of this)
- Bathroom was rather small and with limited storage space (but again still very manageable).
Ultimately, the positives outweigh the negatives! Keep in mind though that it is still only a 3 star hotel according to European standards... it is however GREAT VALUE for the price (849 euros for 10 days), I would definitely recommend!!!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Aboukir Paris
- Royal Aboukir Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Hotel Royal Aboukir is ideally located in Paris city center, just near the city's stock exchange district, in the heart of the fashion area, close to the Grands Boulevards, museums and theatres. The hotel has being recently renewed, all the rooms have been furnished with efficiency bathrooms, dryers, safe, minibar, LCD TV, satellite, direct line and free Internet access. Inside the place is a cocktail lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, AvailPro, Venere, Agoda, Travelocity, Budget Places, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Royal Aboukir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.