I think tripadvisor was not fair enough with this hotel, I stayed here for a a couple of week and here is my thought:
1- Location: Location is not bad at all, you have a metro station (line 1) connected to the hotel, plus many bus lines run by it. There is a shopping mall also connected to the hotel with a grocery store, the
hotel is 3 stops away from the champs elysees, and other attractions. The neighborhood is OK, there are restaurants and bars around the hotel but not the best for Paris, but you still
2- Property, This is a huge hotel and conference, the hotel is very busy, rooms are not bad, but make sure you ask for the new remodeled room with the Eiffel tower view. The Hyatt just bought the hotel from
a different vendor, and they are going through a remodeling phase (you won't feel it). They have a very nice bar on the top floor (32) with a magnificent view, but the drinks are pricey, it worth it only if you try to impress your date. They also have a small gym on the top floor
The gym has ONLY cardio equipment, no free weights or machines.. They need to improve this. However, there is a Gym right next to the hotel, but it's expensive ( I think 30E a day to use the whole facility
including Sauna, classes, etc..)
3- Breakfast is good with variety.
4- Staff is nice, not the best but not the worst, again this is a conference hotel and always busy, so don't expect they would know your name. However, they are very helpful if you ask for assistance or have a request.
Manoon is one of the duty managers and she is EXCELLENT!
5- Night-life: Hotel is not far from the champs, 10 mins away by the metro to many night clubs and bars (George V station), if you don't feel like going to high-end clubs, then there are night clubs in the same blocks as the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.