This hotel turned out a lot better than expected. I loved the traditional German breakfasts included in our stay, although my American husband did not (because he thinks good vacation breakfasts must include waffles or french toast) , and we were extremely grateful for the free wi-fi. I never figured out whether the receptionist was just generous and did not charge us, or if it was included in the rate.
Positives of Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel:
1. Free wi-fi.
2. Location. A 6-10 minute walk to the train station and city center.
3. Views. One side of the hotel faces the back-side of the Zugspitze, and the other side faces another mountain and overlooks a brook.
6. Service - Breakfast personnel were always very nice, and we had no problems with the friendly receptionists who spoke wonderful English.
Other comments -
1. North American tourists: Do not expect a hotel with the most modern carpet or fixtures (except for the restrooms, which were updated and very clean/comfortable). Appreciate its traditional Bavarian elegance!
- Also Known As:
- Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.