The only good thing about this hotel is the direct subway connection (Rosenheimer str.) and the rather central location. This is hard to beat. We also like the breakfast offer upon check-in (20 Euros p.p. Instead of 28 p.p.). All the other encounters were bad to horrific.
1) check in: no welcoming as Hilton membership tier, although there is a membership check-in counter
2) room: smell of vinegar, as the staff seems to clean with a vinegary detergent
3) the wall papers came off in our room. This looks bad and is simply not up to date
4) there was some mold in our bathroom...you decide whether you mind or not
5) the room facing the street is so noisy, that you cannot leave it open during the night
6) the furniture is really dated and needs serious updating
7) the pictures on the wall are so colorless and could be found in any 3 star hotel in the world. This Hilton does not even try to make you think that you are in Bavaria or Germany...boring boring boring
8) the internet costs 9 Euro...most big brands do not charge you for Wifi anymore
9) as a hilton member they did not have the standard two bottles of water in the room neither had they flip flops. We had to call extra...basics...
10) Breakfast - do not spend your money there:
a) there was nobody who took care of the seating order. You have to fight your way throughand my wife even fetched a chair. Impossible and embarassing for a brand like Hilton...
b) the egg counter was not up to standards. You have to order your eggs, and come back again and again, as they forget your order, mix it up, let someone else take your order away...a mere nuisance. It would be so easy to organise this better if the waiters would take your order. Seriously dissapointing!
c) the ambience of the breakfast room is extremely unrelaxing and loud. Kitchen, cleaning up and buffet are all in one area so you can hear everything and have no relaxed atmosphere. Again, bring the cleaning staff to put the dishes away somewhere where you cannot see them and hear them, then half of the noise is immediately reduced. I think the management has some serious catching up to do here...logostics in food and beverage...lesson 1...
d) there is no light music or anything which would make the breakfast area somewhat cosy or relaxing... Food and beverage lesson 2
Comparing to Hyatt hotels I have been to this Hilton is a disgrace. The Hilton Amsterdam would be a good internal example for the City Hilton Munich of how to do it better. The Hilton Amsterdam does breakfast the right way and puts service to the highest levels.
We will not return. I suggest you chose some other hotel for a price of around 200 eur per night...you will find better.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed and on the point review of your stay at the Hilton Munich City!
We highly appreciate this kind of feedback as it allows us to improve our service and performance quality based on constructive criticism coming from our most valued source: our guests. Consequently, we are more than sorry to hear that you have been that disappointed by the stay at our hotel. Obviously neither the described service level nor the outlined room discrepancies are common at the Hilton Munich City and that is why we would like to express our sincere apologies for the former.
Of course the given information was forwarded to all involved and responsible departments and we would like to re-assure you that correcting measures have been taken accordingly. The details concerning the room maintenance were handled with highest priority so that the objectionable conditions could be fixed immediately. Furthermore, your comments concerning the breakfast service were brought to the attention of the entire responsible team which will use this feedback to improve its working structure and avoid such situations proactively in the future.
We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Munich City in the future to show you that we can do much better and are definitely capable of providing the high class service that our guests expect and deserve!
Until then we remain with best regards,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC