Although we were visiting Munich (partly) for Oktoberfest, we deliberately chose a hotel away from the city centre. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, around a 35 minute walk from Haptbahnhof (station) or less then 10 minutes on the tram. The Olympic Stadium, Tower and BMW Welt complex were a good 25 minute stroll away through the Olympiapark.
Our room was spacious (we had chosen to pay extra for a privilege room), spotlessly clean and comfortable but not luxurious. You also get a complimentary paper on a weekday in your room.
Neither my partner nor I can fault the service which was excellent. Even the 0.5l draught beer prices in the bar are great!
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but instead went to Ziegler's, a bakery next door for regional delicacies and coffee (a bargin @ around 6-7 euro for two people). There is also a local supermarket 5 minutes away on Leonrodplatz. Also, Leon's on Leonrodplatz has delicious food for an evening meal. It can be quiet (we were there mid-week) but again the service and the local food (they also do pizza etc) were great.
There is a computer with printer, free to use located behind reception which was a bonus for checking details for things to do.
If we visit Munich in the future, we would definately stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Munchen Am Olympiapark
- Accor Munchen Am Olympiapark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the harmonious blend of historic charm and modern decor in the stylish, completely non smoking 3 star Mercure Munchen am Olympiapark. Our 66 rooms, individually appointed to help you feel at home, cosy hotel bar and garden terrace provide every comfort for your short break or business trip. The many sights of the city centre are just a 7 minute tram ride away. Guests can enjoy a walk around the Olympic Park, just 200 m from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.