This hotel will not disappoint if one expects a hotel to provide a clean, hygienic, comfortable room to rest and sleep. Do not expect the most modern hardwares or luxurious trappings. It has none. It does not have air-conditioning during the summer months too. I'm not sure if the in-room temperature will be bearable when the mercury goes beyond 28 degrees.
I was on a business trip in Munich and stayed at the hotel for 9 nights. It is a no-frills hotel. What it lacks in the ubiquitous conveniences such as in-room disposable slippers or personal grooming items available in Asian hotels of similar price bracket, this hotel makes up for them by having a high standard of upkeep.
The location and its environ are ideal. Clean and safe. A subway station and line that connects directly to the city centre is only a 5 minutes walk away. One could also take a leisurely stroll down the boulevard to the city centre in 25 minutes when the weather is agreeable. Supermarkets, bakeries, cafes, restaurants and departmental stores are all within a 3-minutes walking radius.
If there were any peeves during my pleasant stay, they were minor to me.
- The WiFi coverage was good but I had to call front-desk every so often to get the password reset.
- The breakfast spread was substantial and of quality. But after 4 days I had to supplement my breakfast with purchases from the bakeries nearby.
- The single lift that serves my wing is small, old and slow. I used the stairs to avoid the wait. For those with big and heavy luggage, there will be a short flight of stairs to overcome to get to the lift landing from the lobby.
- No ironing board and iron in the room. One has to request and queue for them to press those creased business shirts.
I would stay here again, especially if I'm on business.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Munich
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind and enjoy yourself in the heart of Munich's fashionable Schwabing district. Mingle with the city's in-crowd when you're in the mood. The Cosmopolitan is a favourite among Munich's free-spirited globetrotters, models, photographers, media reps and fashion specialists. Perhaps it's the Ligne Roset interior design or the sumptuous breakfast buffet – or maybe it's the hotel guests themselves. Either way, it's time for you to discover the Cosmopolitan Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.